Online Teaching Institute (Hosted Asynchronously via Canvas March 13-31)
Online Teaching Institute (Hosted Asynchronously via Canvas March 13-31) In-Person
Are you looking for ways to provide students with a rich, interactive, and engaging online learning experience that enhances their learning? Registration is now open for the Online Teaching Institute (OTI) to all faculty members at Temple. It is designed for both new and experienced online instructors who are interested in designing and teaching an online course that helps students succeed.
The OTI is a cohort-based course and is led by CAT instructors. The course is completely asynchronous and does not require live meetings so that you can complete the activities on your own time. Since it is cohort based, you will have the opportunity to discuss and learn from other faculty members in this cohort as well.
Upon successful completion of the OTI, you will be able to:
- Reflect on the role of the instructor in establishing an online learning community.
- Identify methods of engaging and motivating learners in an online course.
- Explore key elements of online course design.
- Align goals with assessments and learning activities.
- Apply evidence-based practices for effective teaching and learning in an online learning environment.
Register here for the following asynchronous cohort:
Monday, March 13, 2023 until Friday, March 31, 2023.
Any questions? Please contact Dr. Emtinan Alqurashi (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Monday, March 13, 2023
- All Day Event
- Time Zone:
- Eastern Time - US & Canada (change)
- Hosted Online