The Center for the Advancement of Teaching manages rooms with specialized computer technology dedicated for faculty and staff use to facilitate meetings, specialized events, or to collaborate on a project.
Policies and Guidelines for Use
- Please review the Services and Terms on the Booking Details form that you will complete.
- Breakout rooms are used for short-term events and not for the purpose of scheduled class courses with students that span a semester. To book classrooms, please contact the University Scheduling office at 215-204-1297.
- Space for student meetings and events is available in the Tech Center student breakout rooms located next door to the Welcome Center on the first floor or the 2nd floor. Students who would like to reserve space in the Tech Center student breakout rooms can should do so by either submiting a request to reserve a room at http://techstudy.temple.edu/booking/rooms/, by visiting the Consultant's Desk on the 2nd floor of the Tech Center, or by calling a consultant at 215-204-9898. Students can also reserve a meeting room at the Howard Gittis Student Center by contacting the Reservation Coordinator at 215-204-7131.
- Submitting the online Breakout Room Reservation Request form does not serve as a confirmation that space has been reserved for you until you receive an email notice from the Center for the Advancement of Teaching.
- If you need set-up and/or clean-up time before or after an event, please build that into the time when you request to use the space.
- You are responsible for tidying the room and removing debris at the close of you event in order to ensure that the room is presentable for the next scheduled event.
- The calendar below holds room capacity and other details under the "i" icon for each room.
- Rooms are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
- If you have any questions or require additional assistance please contact the Center for the Advancement of Teaching at 215-204-8761 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Normal hours of operation are 8:30 am until 5:00 pm, Monday through Friday.
Space for evening and weekend events may be scheduled in other locations on campus by calling the University Scheduling Office at 215-204-1297.
How to Schedule
- Click the date on the calendar located on the left to view the open time slots on the booking calendar on the right
- Identify the room that you wish to schedule: Hover your mouse on the "i" icon that coincides with the room number to obtain room capacity and equipment details.
- After a room is identified, proceed to schedule it 1/2 hour in advance of your session if you need to setup and test technology, setup furniture or have other setup activities. Please allow extra time for clean up before you and your participants leave.
- Click the green blocks to select your times, complete your booking details on the form that will appear, and then click the Submit My Booking button.
- Please Note: When completing the form, multiple times and rooms can be selected if they are available on a particular day. Multiple days/dates cannot be booked simultaneously
- Your request to reserve space will not be placed until you receive an official email confirmation.